Saturday, October 27, 2012

Meet Our Players pt 2 - (The Larsen Family)




Hello, all! 

My name is Holly Larsen, the beautiful amazing wonderful and extremely humble wife of Brigham. I am 25 years old and quite boring really. I work full time for an insurance company and am enrolled part time at the local university. I've been a casual gamer most of my life enjoying everything from Monopoly to Sims to World of Warcraft and so on. I enjoy board games, card games, video games, and I will play most anything once (within reason). I have very little experience with table top gaming. I was introduced to D&D back in 2007. I was a member of a large group of players who were all experienced and frankly quite obnoxious. The one who introduced me to the group chose my race, class and even rolled my character for me, so I didn't really get the full experience. I used my being a rogue as an excuse not to speak during role-play and only really participated during combat. I only attended two sessions and assumed I would never play again. But... Here I am! I'm still pretty new to the game, so I ask a lot of questions, but I'm feeling more comfortable every session. Playing with this group has really changed my mind about D&D, and I'm having a blast! I have really enjoyed the social aspect of the game and storytelling. Working together with my friends to write and experience this adventure is my main drive to continue. I also enjoy combat and the way it influences our experience. The last few sessions, I've doodled stick figure versions of our adventures and posted them to twitter. It's been a fun way for me to use the post game creative surge to sarcastically chronicle our adventures. You can follow me @thehollystar, by the way. ;)

That's about it! I hope everyone enjoys our story!

You can follow Holly on Twitter: @thehollystar

----

Brigham Larsen

My name is Brigham Larsen, and I am a Dungeons and Dragons virgin. Yes, you read that right! I'm a first time player, but that's ok. As the host of our new podcast this gives me an opportunity to help bring up questions that a veteran player wouldn't bother with. Anyway, enough about that, here's more about me.

Even though I am a first time D&D player, I've been playing games since I was 4 or 5 years old. From the time I first touched a computer or game controller I was hooked on the things! It was an awesome way for me to escape from the boring reality that was rural Idaho.

Since this is my first time playing, my interests for this campaign are just learning the ropes of the game. I want to really understand the game and be able to play effectively. Also, hopefully I can improve my roleplaying skills and help hisssssssing where I should.

You can follow Brigham on Twitter: @scather

No comments:

Post a Comment